Untitled Goose Game

Game Title: Untitled Goose Game
Released: Sep 23, 2020
Game Length: 3 Hours
Grade: B

Expectations: What happens when the Internet gets hold of a silly game and talks about it endless? Memes. Meme everywhere. I don't know what it is about this game that got so much attention. It doesn't look like a game that is worth $20, and it certainly doesn't look fun. Although the game actually came out in September 2019, it didn't have two player mode until September 2020. Honestly, I'm not going to find a buddy to come play with me any time soon so that feature doesn't really matter to me. Let's see what the hubbub is all about.

Reality: When I first started wandering around, I thought that this game was going to be terrible. You get a shopping list of activities. There isn't any music unless you are being chased down by people. The animation was smooth up until you see people circle around you. I clipped through walls and lost hold of items way too easily. Then I caught myself smiling at the madness. I never thought this game was going to be so much fun to watch as a goose stealthily steals stuff from people and brings ruin to their day. There are plenty of things to do and objects to interact with. The game also gives you a chance to continue to the next area in case you can't figure out how to do one on the list. Your ultimate goal is to visit four locations and retrieve the golden bell at the fifth location. After you bring the last item all the way back home, the credits will roll and provide you with a short list of auxiliary activities and timed challenges.

Opinion: I don't think the game is worth the sticker price of $20, but I will admit it was worth playing all the way through. The to-do list is just challenging enough without making you become too frustrated. I definitely recommend this game.

 

12-9-2020