Stanley Parable

I know The Stanley Parable is really short. Yes, I know I should have played it when it was first released in October 2013. The game's retail price is $15. That's insane! You would have wait for some sort of Humble Bundle or Steam sale when it's 80% off. That's the only way I could justify anyone buying a game that only lasts 2 hours. You heard me. This game is practically the same length of the demo, which I should also state is different than the actual game. Oh, you want to know what I think of the game?

The game is a barrel of laughs. The narrator is charming and the game has so many things that keep you on your toes. I only found 14 endings. There are actually quite a few interesting secrets and endings that I had to discover via Youtube. Take Maxtasy's game videos. I didn't even know you could break the Portal puzzle. That was insane when I watched it. The broom closet was a personal favorite of mine. You just can't get the same experience watching the game online. You have to get the full dose of fun by forming this unusual bond with the narrator - contradicting, obeying, rebelling, listening.

But I still don't think it is worth the full price of admission.

 

7-8-2017