Megaman Review

Megaman Annivesary Collection. I don't know why I didn't find this sooner. They released a game that contained all 8 original Mega Man games together in one neat package. They collectively contain new graphics, improved sound effects, and a better user interface. They still have about 95% of the old game intact. But now they have "Navi Mode" that adds a ton of tips you can read in each of the stages. They won't explicitly tell the Robot Master's weakness but will add a ton of hints and tips. A map and password is also added while playing certain stages. I might yet be able to play Mega Man 8.

Megaman Summary. After playing 10 games, I figured it would be time to do a quick rundown on what I thought of the games and maybe what I've should have done differently.
Skip Megaman 1. A lot of people will say the same thing. This game is extremely frustrating. There are no passwords, no save slots, no refill tanks, and no guidance. Even the latter Mega Man games acknowledge and tone down the difficulty of the same bosses.
Play the Trilogy of Megaman 2, 3, 4. People will fight which one of these three are the best but will always acknowledge them as the original trilogy. Although Mega Man 2 is the hardest of the three, each one is playable and winnable. They each have "cheat items" that make things a lot easier.
Megaman 5, 6 are optional. You can tell where the developers tried a few new interesting things and at the same time failed in other areas. Try them if you like and see what hits home for you.
Retry Megaman 7. My review of Mega Man 7 was rather harsh. I wasn't prepared for all the changes: smaller screen, 4 Robot Masters followed by another 4 Robot Masters, new characters, an item shop, and a high demand for replaying the same levels in search for treasure. I bet if I gave it another chance, I might learn to enjoy it.
Megaman 8 Notation: I may actually be able to play this game after all. If so, I'll add it to my review list.
Attempt Megaman & Bass. It was hard to pass up playing an exciting new character. Bass introduced directional firing and double jumping. I also loved the addition of collecting character cards. But everyone will agree that this game is the hardest of them all. Even if you don't beat it, I say it was worth the effort.
Look into Megaman 9, 10. They encapsulate a lot of the series improvements and wrap them in a challenging good time. But the difficulty might have you running away. Mega Man 10 does have an easy mode to help tide things over for newcomers.

Megaman Story. For most of my life, I didn't even think about Mega Man having a story. You fight 8 Robots; You fight Dr. Wily. That pretty much sums of it. In case you were wondering, these are the rough summations of the series. (1) Dr. Light builds "Rock" to be a lab assistant and son until Dr. Wily steals six of his Robot Masters and tries to take over the world. Dr. Light remodels him into Mega Man. (2) Dr. Wily seeks revenge with building 8 of his own robots. (3) Dr. Wily and Dr. Light build a peace-keeping robot named Gamma when their robots go berserk. (4) Dr. Cossack gets angry with Mega Man and Dr. Light. (5) Proto Man attacks. (6) Mr X pits a battle tournament and uses the final 8 against the world. (7) Dr. Wily backup robots come to save him. (8) Dr. Light sends Mega Man to investigate a meteor. (9) Dr. Wily finds a way to blame Dr. Light for robots attacking (10) An illness cause robots to malfunction.

Megaman X Collection. Like the Anniversary Edition, Mega Man X Collection contains the first six games in the Mega Man X series. Because of this, I have decided to give the series a go. I don't know what to expect. There are so many different opinions on this series. Hopefully I won't go mad.

While playing Mega Man & Bass, I noticed a few Robot Masters I've never seen before and I'm not talking about Mega Man 8. Apparently, the Game Boy Versions decided to come out with Mega Man V with 8 "Planet" Robot Masters (With Pluto, Excluding Earth). I'm hesitating to give it a go for its small screen and black & white interface. I'll decide whether or not later if I want to play it.

I should also point out that Mighty No. 9 was released. I plan on checking out that game too.