Journey

Do you remember the game Journey that came out on PlayStation 3 back in March 13, 2012? What about any of the other games that thatgamecompany might have come out with like Flower or Flow? Well now is your chance for the company released the game on June 6, 2019 in the Epic Game Store for $14.99. A whopping 7 years later the game finally came out for the PC. And now I wondered why I even bothered looking forward to the game in the first place.

The game is... interesting. I'm not talking Gris interesting. I'm saying that the game is truly boring. You can complete the whole game in 2 hours. That's it! The main reason why so many people thought it was interesting was the concept of sharing your experience with others without actually tipping them off that it's you. Now that the cat is out of the bag, there really isn't much left to do in the game.

Sadly there isn't really anything memorable. The music was decent. The stages were both unique and bland. There was no challenge in the platforming as the game could be completed without a single upgrade. No voices, no dialogue, no text, no reading, and arguably no interactions. Makes it a hard sale if you ask me for something valued at $15. I probably wouldn't even recommend it for $5. If you ask me, the game high points do not justify the lack of content.

 

6-25-2019