Child of Light

Child of Light was released in 2014. It was one of those indie games that came out alongside (well, a little after) Dust: An Elysian Tail. I never got around to it because I didn't feel like enough people reviewed it. Then my brother bought it and told me to try it out. I was able to play it for some time but I had to stop due to technical issues. It had to be my dual-core. It caused me issues for Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age as well.

The game just didn't stop slugging along. I tried a lot of neat tricks that may or may not have helped the game move smoother. I modified my virtual memory to help with my 4GB of RAM. I tried disconnecting to the Internet incase Uplay was malfunctioning. I changed my Nvidia Control Panel to force running the GPU with the executable file. Even changing the game's resolution didn't seem to effect performance. I managed to Chapter 5 (about half-way) in under 10 hours. That's when I decided enough was enough.

On the plus side, the game is magnificent. The soundtrack and graphics were really awesome. I liked the blend of 3D movement in a 2D plane. The combat seemed a little weird when it is entirely possible to skip all the monsters in the game. Though, doing this would make the game more difficult when it came time to fighting the bosses. I'm not big on poetry but I can tell you they did a great job on making every line rhyme in one form or fashion.

Despite the game being on the easy side, I would have liked to play a little more. Maybe I'll save Child of Light for another day when I upgrade my computer.

 

6-3-2017