Botanicula

I know I'm not going to spell this right. Botanical Binocular Botanicula is a game that has been on the market since 2012. It is usually $10 but the Humble Bundle store had it marked 75% off down to a couple dollars. You may have never heard of Amanita Design or their Samorost series. You may remember a game that I played several years back: Machinarium. I was hoping more of the same from their most recent game. I... well... let's just say the game is weird.

The game starts off easy enough. You don't need a controller or your keyboard. In fact, everything is point and click. The amount of space you have to explore to identify the problems and the solutions get larger the further in you play. The game is cute and easy to follow. There are a lot of things that help define the "tree universe" as I'm calling it. Plenty of things to interact with for sure. The game might only take you 4 to 5 hours but can be completed without using a walkthrough. Don't be ashamed if you have to. The puzzles get really tough at times.

I recommend both games if you can get them for dirt cheap. You may not know half of what is happening but it will surely keep you entertained.

 

7-7-2017