Baba Is You

Game Title: Baba Is You
Released: March 13, 2019
Game Length: 20 Hours
Grade: B

Expectations: For starters, the whole game is 56MB. Do you know how tiny that is? Judging by the graphics, I'd say that this game is nothing but puzzles. The only thing I don't know is how many stages there are and how difficult it gets. Whatever it is, it is most definitely not worth $15. The only way this would be mildly worth it is if you bought a bundle with it inside, like the giant Fight For Racial Justice Humble Bundle.

Reality: There are 226 Spores to collect. Seeing that each spore is obtained from beating a level, my measly 76 Spores didn't even come close. I did very well in the early stages by completing a good 40 levels in 4 hours. Then as I opened up more stages, they got way harder. Theoretically, the levels can be completed in a minute. But as I got around the 12-hour marker, I realized I had just spent one hour trying to complete any of ten different available stages. This wasn't all in one day either. I made sure that if I couldn't complete a level within 20 minutes, I would quit and try again the next day. After about a week, I decided to call it quits. The game got way too complicated for it to be fun anymore.

 

11-12-2020