Abzu

Humble Bundle came out with a special "sea" theme package. In it was this little game called: Abzu. I hesitate to call it a game. The average playtime is right around 90 minutes to 2 hours. It is one of those "walking simulators" like Firewatch where you just move around and interact with things. The feeling of controlling a character makes the game less than a movie and more interactive like a game. Though you could probably find an online webstream of the game on Youtube or Twitch.

I played through maybe the first 30 minutes and... well... I didn't like it. The controls weren't tight, the camera was in the way, there wasn't an option for first person or VR support as far as I could tell, the game stuttered rather badly (probably because it wasn't optimized for my crazy setup), and it froze during one of the main cinematic moments (probably because I didn't find all three cameras before moving to the next area). I fully support the effort they put into this game but I didn't find it even remotely worth the $20. It is currently marked at $6 (70% off). That's more of a realistic price if you don't get any hiccups while playing.

I am currently playing Child of Light and will review that when I finish it.

 

5-25-2017